Saint Mary’s School is offering a unique and exciting opportunity for a Carolina Ballet Summer Intensive Residential Counselor to work on our beautiful historic campus for the summer of 2021. This summer position may require some overnight stays. This exceptional location is in the heart of downtown Raleigh in a gated campus with 24/7 security.
Position Summary: The Carolina Ballet Summer Intensive Residential Counselor reports to the Carolina Ballet Residential Director and is responsible for providing residential oversight of the dancers in the Carolina Ballet Summer Intensive Residential Program.
Summer Positions (Part-time and full-time available)
Hours: Shifts range from
Mon-Fri: 4:30pm – 10:30pm; 10:00pm – 9:00am
Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm; 2:30pm – 10:30pm; 10:00pm – 10:00am
Sunday: 10:00am – 10:30pm
Time adjustments may apply, as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Summer Programs Site Coordinator.
- Responsible for the day to day oversight of the residential dancers while staying on dorm.
- Provide staffing for evening and weekend activities including driving and participation in events.
- Manage evening and weekend About Town Permissions (ATPs) for residential dancers.
- Assist dancers with roommate issues, questions, and concerns.
- Staff the registration and check-in days for residential dancers.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for campers.
- Assist parents, dancers, and Carolina Ballet staff as needed with questions, concerns, or other matters.
- Partner with the Carolina Ballet On-Site Coordinator and other staff to ensure that day to day operations are running effectively.
- Perform staff support for the Summer Programs Site Coordinator as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. Employees are required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by those authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- A strong desire to live in community with colleagues and students.
- Compassion and empathy
- Tireless work ethic, energy and enthusiasm
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to communicate well with parents, camp staff, and camp participants
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Support the school, its mission, and leadership
- Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
- Must be dependable (consistently at work and on time) and have the ability to follow instructions
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
Physical Activities/Environmental Demands:
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- May work in varied extreme outside weather conditions during special activities
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of times
- Standing, bending, reaching and moving about to coordinate work
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Some walking up and down stairs daily
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Works in an environment dealing with a variety of challenges, deadlines and a diverse array of contacts
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in leadership roles at similar camp preferred
Saint Mary’s School is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package. We cannot respond to every applicant regarding the status of his or her application. Only those whose qualifications most closely meet our requirements will be contacted.
Saint Mary’s School is a drug-free workplace. A background check satisfactory to the school is required.